Here are some of my goals:
- Stay on track with my grades, and don’t let anything distract me from them. I am currently working to push myself toward getting the best possible grades I can get. College isn’t easy, and studying is MUCH needed!
- Make new friends, but stay in touch with old ones. Developing new relationships and making new friendships while up at school is very important, but it is also important to maintain the close relationships that I held back at home. I make an effort to call, FaceTime, and text my loved ones so I can stay in contact with them and not feel like I am drifting from them. It’s also super cool introducing my new friends to my old friends!
- Call my parents every day. At the beginning of the year, I was suuuuuper homesick. Calling my Mom and Dad helped me get through that, and even though I am not as homesick as I was before, I still like to call them and ask about their days.
- Stay present. Don’t constantly think about the future- try to live in the moment. I developed this goal at MASC/MAHS Leadership camp in high school. I always focus on the future and tend to miss out on the things that are happening around me. My goal is to live in the moment and soak up everything while it is happening.
- Discover a new song every single day- did I mention that I am obsessed with music? I have a passion for music, and I am always singing and looking up new albums on Spotify. I want to discover a new song every day and make a playlist filled with new songs to jam out to.
- Join a new RSO. I am currently in Hall Council and FAMD, but I would like to join a new RSO and become more involved on campus. I love keeping myself busy, and finding a new club will be the perfect thing for me.
- Take a step outside of my comfort zone and do something that scares me every week. Whether it is going on a new adventure or just doing something on campus, I want to jump outside of my comfort zone and do something new every week. I love trying out new things, so I am hoping this one won’t be too hard for me!
I would love to accomplish all of these goals by the end of my freshman year. I like to set goals so I have things to strive for and work towards. My friends and family said they would help me achieve them- and they’re holding me to it!