When you hear the name “Ellen DeGeneres”, what do you think of? Do you think of her spunky blonde hair and her contagious laughter? Or her dance moves and her famous “Scaring Celebrities” skits? Whatever comes to mind is most likely 100% positive, and that is because Ellen is an excellent role model. A “role mode” is defined as a person whose behavior can be imitated by others, especially by younger people (according to Dictionary.com). People of all ages look up to Ellen, and here are just a few reasons why she is an impeccable leader.
- She is always positive. Ellen’s positivity radiates into the crowd and her infamous dance moves are a key of the show. She is always smiling and telling stories that promote positivity and inspire others. Heck, most of the time she even shows funny videos to get the crowd laughing!
- She isn’t afraid to express how she feels. Though she usually voices her opinions in a joking matter, Ellen likes to express how she feels to her guests and to the people attending the show. Being a leader means not being afraid to speak up and say what you’re feeling, and Ellen accomplishes this.
- She isn’t afraid to be herself. Ellen is always making jokes and clearly shows that she doesn’t care what people think of her (in a good way, of course!) She does her own thing, and everyone loves that about her.
- She is headstrong and hardworking. Between being in movies, having a talk show, and being a screenwriter/film producer, Ellen has a lot on her plate. She gives her all into each profession, and she is passionate about what she does.
- She is kindhearted. On almost every single show, Ellen surprises her guest or a fan with something that helps them incredibly and changes their lives. Whether it’s donating money to a charity or foundation (fun fact- she supports 49 different ones!) or giving back to a family in need, Ellen changes lives day by day. She makes an effort to significantly impact someone’s life, and she is so admirable.
Now What? Being a leader doesn’t mean having a title- it means that you express qualities that people admire. Leadership shows hard work, positivity, generosity, passion, and integrity. Ellen demonstrates all of these qualities and more, and that is why she is such an amazing role model. She inspires me to stop worrying about the little things, put my all into what I’m doing, and be the best leader I can be. It is well-known that people appreciate compassion and kindness, so I know to always demonstrate those qualities when working or talking to someone else.